Inland Empire Regional - February 27 - March 1, 2015
Rank 11 with an average qualification score of 46.75 and a Quarterfinal Rank 6 with an average playoff score of 65.00.
Awards: Creativity Award sponsored by Xerox
Ventura Regional - March 27-29, 2015
Rank 6 with an average qualification score of 84.92 and an average playoff score of 123.40.
Awards: Regional Chairman's Award, Creativity Award sponsored by Xerox
San Diego Regional - April 2-4, 2015
Rank 3 with an average qualification score of 107.30 and an average playoff score of 169.43.
Awards: Regional Winners
FIRST Championship: Carson Division - April 22nd-25th, 2015
Rank 41 with an average qualification score of 131.30 and an average playoff score of 191.00
- 4-Wheel Mecanum DriveTrain, allows for strafing or
- “sidewards” movement of the robot
- Powered by 4 MiniCIMs
- Single speed, 10:1 geared for 14 FPS
- Powered by 2 CIM motors, connected to a 2 start lead screw with a 1 to 1 gear ratio
- Rides on a “hat” channel. Slides with bearings.
- Actuated wheels that have an adjusted air pressure at 25 PSI when "actuated in". Wheels are custom with strip of neoprene rubber to maximize grip on totes.
- Two sixbars powered by a 100:1 Versa Planetary Gearbox attached to a BAG motor that extends out to grapple recycling containers
- Mechanism Safety Control
- Limit switches attached to the sixbar to relay information when the sixbar is extended or not. Once information is relayed voltage is cut from the motors.
- Gyro + Encoder Drive Control
- Use of a gyro sensor for robot orientation control, and an encoder for drive distance control; we can navigate the field accurately during the autonomous mode. Also allowing for field centric driver controls.
- Powered by a 50:1 Versa Planetary Gearbox attached to 2 BAG motors per sixbar that extend out to grapple recycling containers.